Friday, March 11, 2011

8.9 Japan Earthquake

I've spent this evening watching news coverage of the earthquake in Japan and texting family in nearby countries to get to higher ground. Events like these are absolutely horrifying and a stern reminder that natural disasters can strike without warning.

While listening to the news, I decided that I needed to have an emergency kit in my room. Grabbing a backpack from my closet, I stuffed it with clothes, first aid tools, a flashlight, batteries, and a bottle of Gatorade. I don't really have much at home, so I might invest in a real disaster kit sometime soon. Since I live in an earthquake prone area, it's probably wise to have basic necessities in a bag so I could just grab it and go.

Apparently the entire West Cost is on tsunami alert. My hope is that this is only a safety precaution. Be safe, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. My heartfelt condolences for the earthquake victims of Japan.

    Why don't you post some experiences you have on social work? I would like to read them.

    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, and thank you for visiting my blog! I tend to write about everything here, and will definitely write more social work material soon. Definitely check out some of my older posts in the meantime. Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete